Saturday, March 8, 2014

About me and the title of this blog.

I am a father to a beautiful little girl. She is almost two years old, and a handful. She is the most amazing little thing in the world, bar none.

I am a husband to a wonderful wife, that I love to death. Even if she drives me insane half time, and nags me to death the other half. Heh I love you sweetheart.

The title of this blog, Creatio Ex Niliho, sounds so foreign. It is latin after all. But the concept resonates with me strongly. Creation out of nothing.

Almost every hobby and interest I have has to do with creating something. Crafting an idea into reality. Building characters in a story, bringing an image in my mind to life on paper, creating a wonderful meal from simple bland ingredients.

I have a few goals for this simple little blog. First I want to share what I have learned. Teaching you a few things would be really fun for me. I have always enjoyed teaching others, and this way I can do it without getting a teaching degree.

The second goal I have for this blog is to carry you along on my journey of creation and learning. Just because I aim to teach you something does not mean I am finished learning. I love learning new things. Teach me.

The third goal, is simple, to share my life with you. Not all the details of course, but the stuff worth sharing. Knowledge, meaningful moments, accomplishments, and thoughts. Stuff that can entertain, teach, and hopefully move you.

So to add to my list in the beginning. (This makes me think of Pixar's Ratatouille.)

I am a father, husband, artist, chef, woodcarver, builder, writer, animator, student, teacher. More than me am I. If that makes sense. Then read on. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment